INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SHIELDED SPARK PLUG ADAPTERS
THE ADAPTER KIT CONSISTS OF THE ALUMINUM HOUSING, PHENOLIC RESISTER COVER AND 6/32 SCREWS. ALSO INCLUDED ARE 4 each AUTOMOTIVE SPARK PLUGS .
1. Use Bosch W8A, AC or similar spark plug (enclosed). Reduce spark plug gap to .016" to .019".
2. Apply thread lube on threads prior to installing spark plug.
3. To install the plug, push the phenolic resistor cover over the spark plug to the second to last spark plug rib.
4. Install aluminum housing over phenolic resistor cover and secure with 6/32 screw. The screw needs to be tight, but do not make it so tight that it cracks the phenolic resistor cover.
5. Mate the M2266 Slick Harness end to the aluminum housing and tighten.
We have found that on some aircraft it is necessary to make 4 grounding wires. One end goes under the 6/32 screw and the other end goes under the small 6 mm screws that holds the baffling onto each cylinder head.
Call with questions!
Go back to Shielded Spark Plug Adapters Order Info
Go back Shopping Cart Index
Go back to Instruction Index