INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DUAL OIL PRESSURE RELIEF SYSTEM AND SINGLE OIL RELIEF SYSTEM
1. Parts identification:
A. Large spring
B. 1 plunger (Single OPR) or 2 plungers (Dual OPR)
C. Small spring
2. The large spring and plunger go into the deep hole. This is located on the prop hub end of the engine on the bottom right hand side, at the front of the case.
3. The small spring and plunger go into the shallow hole. This is located on the flywheel end of the engine on the bottom right hand side, at the rear.
4. Because of the various sizes of plunger and holes, check to make sure that the plunger fits all the way down into the hole. If it doesn't, you can screw a 1/4" pipe tap into plunger and put in drill press. Use emery cloth to reduce the diameter. Try again. If you get the plunger stuck, you can remove it with the 1/4" pipe tap.
5. When sized, install plunger into hole after liberally lubricating hole and plunger. The face of the plunger goes into the hole. The open end should face the bottom of the engine.
6. The spring goes in after the plunger.
For Dual OPR: Large one at the front (prop hub end) and small on at the rear (flywheel end).
Go back to Oil Pressure Relief Order Info
Go back to the Shopping Cart Index
Go back to Instruction Index