Great Plains Aviation Supply LLC
7011 N 160 Ave. ¥ Bennington, NE 68007
Tel 402 493 6507 ¥ gpasc.com ¥ email@example.com
GASCOLATOR INSTALLATION TIPS
1. The Great Plains gascolator is recommended for engines up to 100 hp.
2. The filter in the gascolator is a paper element that is replaceable.
Make sure a replacement is installed with the opening in the filter in the 12:00 position or at the "top" of the gascolator.
3. The inlet and outlet are 1/4" npt. The drain valve outlet is 1/8" npt.
4. We recommend installing the gascolator in the lowest place possible in the fuel system.
5. It is important to keep the gascolator cool. Failure to do so can result in vapor lock.
6. If you plan on running auto fuel in a KR, Sonerai, VP or other minimal fuel pressure homebuilts, we recommend the use of a fuel pump. The pump should be installed after the gascolator.
7. You should drill a small .040" hole through the thumb screw that holds the bowl in place. This screw should then be tied with safety wire to one of the down brackets.
NOTE: The Chewstone Element has been replaced by a Paper Filter.
THANK YOU FOR USING GREAT PLAINS AIRCRAFT PRODUCTS